- Can sit down from standing position, using furniture etc
- Walks sideways, holding on to furniture/wall.
- Walks forward if hands are held or when pushing baby walker
- Learns to let go of things deliberately, then to throw and place them.
- Uses objects to empty and fill containers.
- Uses first words. These are nearly always labels for people or things and may be made up: ex: He calls me “Wawa”
- Uses voice to draw attention to objects or events, or to get help in doing something or getting something.